Thursday, April 20, 2006

Jeepers, I KNOW these people

That faraway look on my face doesn't mean I'm stoned. I'm probably noticing someone I knew from an earlier conference or an earlier job and discovering, once again, that whatever mental connection I made long ago (like, before breakfast) isn't working. Ken Hall from Ottaway Newspapers probably won't mind my admitting that when I saw him Wednesday, I leaped to "Campbell Hall!" and just as immediately remembered that's the village in New York where he works .... and stopped in confusion.
About half the 400-some participants here today are first-timers and the rest of us are second- through tenth-timers -- so it really is possible to reconnect with an old friend from, say, 2000.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home