Thursday, April 20, 2006

Oh, and another thing

I had the chance to thank The Plain Dealer's top leaders for their support from the podium today, and noted a couple of the local ACES committee folks who worked so hard this past year, but I should give more credit where it's due:

Besides The Plain Dealer's managers, who backed us to the hilt, and Amy Richards and Rona Proudfoot from the committee, I should -- I'm too old for this, but what's the expression, "give a shout-out" to Doug Kramer, helping with shifting boxes and bags; Felipe Nieves, who hosted the ACES merchandise for months and hustled downtown on a day off with the last couple of boxes; Mike Mentrek, who's going to be surprised Friday when he sees the list of participants in the PD Newsroom Tour; Marty Stefka of the PD systems office, who's on his way downtown at the moment to fix a printer connection in Cafe ACES; his boss Dennis Webb, for all they put into the computers; and; and ... I'm going to be sputtering out thank-yous for the rest of the weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Holly K. said...

Pete, I know you and the other conference planners are going to get a standing ovation when all is said and done. Wish I could be there, but I'll be checking in here. Have fun!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home